The International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) is excited to introduce a new website; http://understandingburncare.org . This collaborative effort is the result of the partnership between the fire service, burn centers and non-profit prevention organizations to provide burn care information and resources available around the country. The project was funded by a DHS Fire Prevention & Safety Grant to the International Association Fire Fighters Charitable Burn Fund.
This website, http://understandingburncare.org , provides information for anyone who has suffered a burn injury from first aid to the nearest burn center location. Those who care for burn injuries or are interested in prevention efforts or who want to improve laws, policies and develop standards of care for burn injuries, will also find resources available by checking out the website.
It features one central library of tools to make burn injury awareness, prevention education and outreach easier and more effective. This tool targets a variety of audiences including, but not limited to, the following:
- Fire services
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) and First Responders
- Healthcare Providers (Burn Centers, Emergency Departments, Physicians, Rehabilitation facilities, Teachers, etc.)
- Burn Survivors and their families who have recently been injured or desire resources and support
- Burn Foundations and Prevention groups
- Law & Policy organizations that advocate to support burn-related issues, prevention and public health needs
- General public and media outlets
The vast information provided gives the website audience burn care information, tools for prevention and community resources. Please check out this new website created by our great partnership with the fire service, 电竞赚钱(南昌)手机版抽注下载v4.9版, care providers and foundation supporters.
By: Thomas R. Flamm, FF
International Association of Fire Fighters Burn Foundation, Washington, DC